Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Other Esther

It's not very often that I meet other people with my name.  I never had that problem in kindergarten of having to be called Esther H to differentiate between Esthers.  Sometimes, I've heard of someone's grandmother being called Esther, but never anyone my age.  Until a couple of years ago, when her blonde haired, blue eyed daughter became friends with my blonde haired, blue eyed little girl in first grade.  And there she was, another Esther.  A musical, born in a castle with a Scottish accent and lover of restoring broken things, and broken people, sort of Esther. 

Probably one of my favorite things to photograph is something that tells a story.  Something that lets you glimpse behind what you can easily see and wonder about what comes next.  I was tickled pink to be asked to do the photographs for Esther Sparks & the Whiskey Remedy's new single coming out on January 1st with a vintage vaudeville theme.  We met on a gorgeous fall day for the final filming of the music video.

Photobucket
Esther Sparks & the Whiskey Remedy
Yes, that's my son in a tutu.

Photobucket
The Cast
Photobucket
Esther & Darren-the stars of the show. (Not sure why Chloe looks a little scared in the background)

Photobucket

There was lots of music, and dancing, curious looks from pedestrians and Scottish meat pies.  You gotta be wondering by now, right?  I'll share the link to the video when it's released so that you can see all of the awesomeness for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so in LOVE with that first photo, Es!!! AMAZING!!!!!!! Love the texture!! You are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete